Many of the datasets produced in this project are archived with the National Geoscience Data Centre (NGDC). The data can be accessed by entering the dataset ID provided in the list below in the text search box on the website. Alternatively, drawing a box on the map around the area interest will return all the archived datasets within that area. In cases where the data are archived on alternative sites, links to those sites are provided with the dataset description.
Clarke et al., 2019.xlsx Geochemical analysis of pyroclasts from Aluto, Ethiopia. ID 129729
Fontijn et al (2018) Glass Major geochemical data on Late Quaternary tephra deposits from the MER volcanoes. Deposited in the NGDC under ID: 107289
Fontijn et al (in prep.) Glass major and trace element geochemical data on deposits from the MER volcanoes. Coming soon to NGDC
Fontijn – stratigraphic data for outcrops sampled in above studies. Coming soon to NGDC
Fontijn – DEM generated from Pléiades data for MER. Coming soon to NGDC
Gleeson et al., 2017.xlsx Petrological and geochemical analysis of samples from Aluto volcano, Ethiopia.Table S.1: Photomicrograph image analysis. Table S.2: Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) analysis of phase assemblages.Supplementary Tables A.1-A.4: Electron probe micro analysis (EPMA) of minerals and glass. ID 129727
Hunt et al., 2017.xlsx Diffuse CO2 degassing data from three campaigns across the Main Ethiopian Rift. ID 129726
Hutchison et al., 2016a.xlsx Composition of Soil gas efflux from the Artu Jawe Fault Zone, near Aluto volcano, Ethiopia. ID 129730
Hutchison et al., 2018.xlsx Isotopic geochemical analysis of volcanic samples from across Ethiopia. Table 2: d18O analysis of glass and mineral separates. Table S4: Sr-Nd-Pb isotopic analyses of glass and mineral separates. ID 129746
Hutchison et al., 2016c.xlsx Geochemical analysis of and Ar/Ar dating for volcanic samples from Aluto volcano, Ethiopia. Table 1 and S4: Ar/Ar dating. Table S3b: X-ray fluorescence (XRF) whole-rock major element analysis. Table S3c: Laser Ablation Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS) whole-rock trace element analysis.ID 129747
Hutchsion et al., 2016b.xlsx Ar/Ar dating of samples from Aluto and Corbetti volcanoes, Ethiopia. ID 129748
Iddon et al., 2018.xlsx Geochemical analysis of volcanic samples from Aluto, Fentale, and Kone volcanoes, Ethiopia. Table S12-13 and S20: X-ray fluorescence (XRF) whole-rock analysis. Table S14-17 and S21-22: Electron Probe Microanalysis (EPMA) of glass major elements and mineral compositions. Table S14 and S23: Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS) analysis of glass trace elements. ID 129745
McNamara et al., 2018.xlsx Petrological and geochemical analysis of tephra samples from Aluto volcano, Ethiopia. Table S1 and S4: Electron probe microanalysis (EPMA) of tephra major elements. Table S3: Componentry analysis of tephra. Table S2 and S5: Laser Ablation Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS) analysis of tephra trace elements. ID 129728
McNamara et al., 2018 (tephra layer summary) Tephra layer summary for Lake Abijata and Lake Langano cores, Ethiopia. Data are referenced in McNamara et al., 2018: Using Lake Sediment Cores to Improve Records of Volcanism at Aluto Volcano in the Main Ethiopian Rift; https://doi.org/10.1029/2018GC007686. ID 129749
Clarke et al., 2019 (X-ray microtomography) Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and X-ray microtomography of fluidal pyroclasts: Data are referenced in Clarke et al., 2019: Fluidal pyroclasts reveal the intensity of peralkaline rhyolite pumice cone eruptions; https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-019-09947-8 ID 130145
Still to be uploaded: Iddon et al., 2019 (QEMSCAN)
- Corbetti InSAR dataset contains a set of 226 unwrapped, geocoded interferograms derived from InSAR scenes processed over Corbetti Volcano, Ethiopia. The data were assembled from multiple sensors (ALOS, ENVISAT, CSK and Sentinel) and processed using either the ICSE or GAMMA software package. The images presented here are generally not the same size as the raw InSAR images but instead are cropped to the extents of the volcano and its immediate environs. This dataset is deposited in the NGDC under ID: 125198
- This data set contains 119 unwrapped and geocoded interferograms derived from Cosmo-SkyMed (CSK) SAR scenes acquired over Fentale Volcano in the Northern Main Ethiopian Rift between June 2014 and December 2015. This data set also contains displacement time series derived from processed CSK and Sentinel-1 interferograms at the locations specified in the accompanying README file. This data is deposited in the NGDC under ID: 131186. Data DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5285/650ca965-8ad5-4f44-a560-e0dc3decd642
- This dataset contains 204 ascending and 300 descending Sentinel-1 geocoded unwrapped interferograms and coherence, and 70 ascending and 102 descending Re-sampled Single Look Complex (RSLC) images for each acquisition date. This data set also includes the original size Digital Elevation Model (DEM) used during InSAR processing. Data used by: Moore et al, 2019., “The 2017 Eruption of Erta 'Ale Volcano, Ethiopia: Insights into the Shallow Axial Plumbing System of an Incipient Mid-Ocean Ridge”. This data is deposited under NGDC ID: 131391. Data DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5285/da9725f0-8a25-489a-b1fa-ee445b8fe5d3
▪ Continuous GPS data in rinex day files collected from a total of 10 GPS stations deployed between 2012 and 2017 on and around Corbetti and Aluto. The data are deposited with UNAVCO and also under NGDC ID: 127010 https://doi.org/10.7283/J87X-EF76
▪ Timeseries: processed daily time series files for Aluto and Corbetti GPS stations derived using HAWA as the reference station. Data spans March 2013 – December 2016 and is deposited in NGDC under ID: 126475
High-resolution digital elevation models (DEMs) of Fentale (10.5069/G9862DKT), Gedemsa (10.5069/G94J0C6X), Urji (10.5069/G9W0941H), Chabbi (10.5069/G90R9MH3), and Dabbahu (10.5069/G9R78C9S, 10.5069/G9MG7MK2). Hosted by OpenTopography at the above DOIs. From: Hunt et al. (2019) The geomorphology, structure, and lava flow dynamics of peralkaline rift volcanoes from high‐resolution digital elevation models. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 20, 1508–1538. https://doi.org/10.1029/2018GC008085
Seismicity of the Bora – Tullu-Moye volcanic field, Ethiopia: 2016-2017 dataset. Deposited in the NGDC under ID: 125199. Dataset originally published as supplementary material in g-cubed article: Seismicity of the Bora – Tullu-Moye Volcanic field 2016-2017: Greenfield et al (2018), https://doi.org/10.1029/2018GC007648. Includes an event catalogue, a list of well resolved fault plane solutions, a seismic velocity model for the Bora – Tullu-Moye region, etc.
Seismology: Raw seismic waveforms and station metadata for 2016-2017 deposited with IRIS with restricted access. Data set can be searched for by using a defining search box on the map found on this page http://ds.iris.edu/ds/nodes/dmc/forms/breqfast-request/ (network code Y6). Access to the actual data may need to be coordinated through SEIS UK/Derek Keir (?) if data set is still under the embargo.
Seismic catalogue for Corbetti Volcano, Ethiopia: This dataset contains the locations and other pertinent information for 122 well-constrained seismic events that occurred on or near Corbetti between February 2016 and September 2017. These locations were derived from data collected on 37 broadband seismometers deployed as part of the RiftVolc project. The data were originally published in Lavayssière, A., et al. "Local seismicity near the actively deforming Corbetti volcano in the Main Ethiopian Rift." Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvolgeores.2019.06.008 ID: 130005
Affiliated Seismic dataset:
- Continuous waveform data collected on 21 broadband stations between January 2012 and February 2014 as part of the ARGOS (Aluto and Regional Geophysical Observation Study). This dataset is archived with IRIS (network code XM) http://ds.iris.edu/ds/nodes/dmc/forms/breqfast-request/
- Seismic Catalogue for Aluto and Corbetti January 2012 - February 2014: This dataset contains 2749 earthquakes that occurred on or near the volcanoes Aluto and Corbetti between January 2012 and February 2014. All events were located using the program NonLinLoc. This data was originally published in Wilks, Matthew, et al. "Seismicity associated with magmatism, faulting and hydrothermal circulation at Aluto Volcano, Main Ethiopian Rift." Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 340 (2017): 52-67. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvolgeores.2017.04.003 ID 129905
Raw timeseries (both in binary format and ascii versions) and processed data (transfer functions). Will be deposited with NGDC.